The skin of the human neck is very sensitive. In fact, it is more sensitive than the face. Today, many people suffer from a wrinkled, saggy neck i.e. turkey wattle. This can be attributed to various factors i.e. weakening of the neck muscles, poor posture and a lack of exercise.
Fortunately, a neck lift or lower rhytidectomy can relieve a patient of the poor appearance of the neck as well as many incidental problems resulting from a “turkey wattle”.
What exactly is a Neck Lift?
A neck lift is a minimally invasive surgery that tightens and rejuvenates the skin of the neck by removing undesirable fat and skin from the neck and jawline. Benefits of having a neck lift surgery include:
- Riddance of troublesome deposits of fat and sagging skin from the neck as well as the jawline.
- Reducing the loose skinned jowls of the lower face to tighter and smoother skin.
- Sculpting the contours of the chin and making the face look youthful, attractive and healthy.
- Surgical correction of muscle banding that could otherwise cause lumps in the neck.
- Prevent the frequent recurrence of fine lines and wrinkles.
Words of Caution:
A neck lift surgery is only as good as the experience and expertise of the operating surgeon. Anyone seeking a neck lift surgery must verify the credibility of the surgeon and seek prior consultation. Additionally, a patient must follow the prescribed instructions of pre-surgery preparation, especially the avoidance of recreational drugs and blood-thinning medicines.